This is what I’m cooking tonight for dinner. Yummy! One of my husband’s favorites. High protein meal, undoubtedly.
In a large pot, I add oil and the ground beef. I turn the heat to medium and start browning the ground beef. I stir frequently to keep the ground beef crumbly. While it is browning I add the onion and sliced garlic because I really don’t like the smell of ground beef cooking. The onion and garlic cooking along with the ground beef works for my olfactory systems:0) I drain the meat in a colander if there’s fat. Then, I start adding other ingredients.
I cook this mixture on medium-high until it starts to boil. Then I turn the heat to medium-low and cover the pot. I cook this for about 20 minutes. At this point the mixture should not be bubbling-in-a-hurry, but simmering-in-calmness 🙂. Stir every so often to see if sauce is thickening. Once it reaches desirable thickness cut the heat off. The sauce is done!
My husband loves this recipe. He does not even order spaghetti out in a restaurant, ever!
Ingredient: (Serves approximately 6)
1 box spaghetti pasta – cook per box directions (I freeze what I don’t use)
1 tablespoon – Canola oil
2 pounds – ground beef (option: you could use ground chicken or turkey)
1 large onion – peeled and chopped
3 to 4 cloves garlic – peeled and sliced
1 bunch – fresh parsley chopped (option: you can add 1-teaspoon of dry Italian Seasoning)
1 – 24 oz spaghetti sauce (I used Herb Garlic Psst Sauce from Kroger)
2 tablespoon – Worcestershire sauce
4 tablespoons – ketchup
1 tablespoon – sugar
1/4 cup – water
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking Direction ( step by step):
- Boil pasta, drain and cool under cold tap water and set aside
- Add oil in a large pot.
- Add ground beef and start browning it for about 10 minutes on medium heat
- Keep stirring so the meat does not clump up, you want it crumbly
- Add chopped onion and garlic slices to the cooking ground beef
- Add chopped parsley, and stir to mix
- Drain fat (if there’s any) by dumping everything from the pot into a colander.
- Put drained mixture from the colander back into the pot
- Add spaghetti sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, sugar, water, salt and pepper
- Stir to mix well
- Cook on medium-high heat until the mixture starts to boil.
- Cut heat down to medium-low, and cover the pot
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the sauce is to the consistency you like. I like mine thick. (Proof is in the photos:)). Serve over cooked spaghetti.
Nutritional Information (approximate)
Calories 200; Total Fat 1 g; Saturated Fat 0 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 0 mg; Carbohydrate 42 g; Fiber 2 g; Sugar 2 g; Protein 7 g
Ground beef sauce:
Calories 334.67; Total Fat 15.96 g; Saturated Fat 6.07 g; Cholesterol 97.5 mg; Sodium 750 mg; Carbohydrate 14.43 g; Fiber 3 g; Sugar 9.76 g; Protein 31.94 g
…thanks for visiting my blog…until next time.