When bananas start to have brown spots like the ones you see in the picture below, you are left with two options: 1) Eat them as soon as possible, or 2) Freeze them. Many people never think of freezing bananas, but I do it all the time. Frozen bananas make the best smoothies. Better freeze than throw away a good-looking banana:)
1. I peel the banana and cut them into 8 slices. I, then, arrange them flat side up in a single layer on the cutting board. You can use a cookie sheet also.
2. I place them in the freezer for about 45 minutes. They freeze nicely.
3. Next, I place each individually frozen banana slices into a sandwich bag. Freezing them individually, and then storing them in a bag keep these slices from sticking to each other.
4. Then I place the sandwich bag with frozen banana slices into another bag, a storage bag or freezer bag. Just for extra protection! I do this so that these banana slices won’t get freezer burn.
5. And, that’s it! I just throw in 2 to 3 frozen banana slices into the blender when I’m making my delicious smoothie. Yum!
…thank you for visiting my blog…until next time:)