This blog is about my take on my daily life! Why? WHY is my big question? I ask this several times a day. I feel like I’m an annoying forever-four-year-old kid, who keeps asking her mom, “but why, mom?”, “but w-h-y, mom?,” “b-u-t w-h-y, m-o-m? Oh, that’s annoying! Right?
A few things about me…the core me:
1. People say that I seem sooooo calm. They don’t really know me. I’m like a duck – Staying calm on the surface but paddling like hell underneath.
2. I’m not crafty but creative. I use to think I was a crafty lady -:) When I see someones craft, I want to do it! But could never settle on one craft idea. I have bought wood burning tools, fabric cutting tools, knitting yarns, paints and brushes, fabric for sewing. I can do a little of all those things. It’s great to be a Jill of all trades. I have helped my daughter through her elementary and middle school years with countless projects. All got great grades, by the way!!!
3. My strength and my weakness: I’m an optimist!! I’m a dreamer. And, I wish for world peace! I hope that day will arrive. I love John Lennon’s song, Imagine. And Natasha Bedingfield’s song, Unwritten.
4. I enjoy writing, photography and cooking. I push salad a lot – my poor husband. That takes no cooking time, so it’s one of my favorite dishes to cook. Ha ha! I am passionate about working out and eating right. Eating right can get tricky sometimes. But I work on it every meal, every single day. Working out is a priority when it comes to keeping myself sane. Simple as that!
5. I love watching science fiction movies! Love watching outer space stuff! Loved the movie, 2001: A Space Odyssey. Watched the episodes of The Universe, more than once. A fan of Star Trek shows. Twilight Zone. Use to watch Lost in Space. Don’t meet that many people who know about Lost in Space -:(. I wonder why? -:) I must be the one lost in space! LOL!
6. If I was not married to my husband; I would be married to someone else #1 and divorced, married to someone else #2 and divorced, married to someone else #3 and divorced. Yes, that many times! I tell this to my husband and he smiles.
7. I believe in a Supreme Power. That Power is guiding me through my life journey on this beautiful planet. I believe that there are many paths to spirituality. These paths are intertwining at various times and points to give me several chances to enrich my life. At these junctions, I also meet people who nourish my soul. I believe that working on my spirituality means to do my best each day, whatever it may be. There are days where I want to take a break from everything! And, that’s the best for that day.
8. My family includes humans and animals. A husband, two teen kids (daughter and son), a beagle and a pitbull. My daughter is into animals and is a vegan. My son loves being in his school band and plays Alto Saxophone. I adore them all!! I also adore me time by myself!! -:)
9. I love doing laundry. I love the smell of fresh laundry. During my walks with the dogs, a lot of times, I smell that fresh smell and I know it’s from someone doing laundry. It brightens my day -:)
10. I’ll keep blogging. I want to see what becomes of it. And, what becomes of me. I have been wanting to put “my stuff” in one place. This is like home – good, bad and the ugly! Love, love, love being here…the comfort I feel is indescribable!
Thanks for reading about me. Now that you know me…we can be buds!! -:)