This is what I’m cooking tonight for dinner. Yummy! One of my husband’s favorites. High protein meal, undoubtedly.
I get all my ingredients set up. Then I boil the spaghetti noodles per package. I cool it under cold running water and set it aside.
In a large pot, I add oil and the ground beef. I turn the heat to medium and start browning the ground beef. I stir frequently to keep the ground beef crumbly. While it is browning I add the onion and sliced garlic because I really don’t like the smell of ground beef cooking. The onion and garlic cooking along with the ground beef works for my olfactory systems:0) I drain the meat in a colander if there’s fat. Then, I start adding other ingredients.
I start by adding the spaghetti sauce…
Then, I add everything else – fresh parsley, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, water, salt and pepper.
I cook this mixture on medium-high until it starts to boil. Then I turn the heat to medium-low and cover the pot. I cook this for about 20 minutes. At this point the mixture should not be bubbling-in-a-hurry, but simmering-in-calmness 🙂. Stir every so often to see if sauce is thickening. Once it reaches desirable thickness cut the heat off. The sauce is done!
I add salad and garlic toast as sides.
My husband loves this recipe. He does not even order spaghetti out in a restaurant, ever!
Ingredient: (Serves approximately 6)
1 box spaghetti pasta – cook per box directions (I freeze what I don’t use)
1 tablespoon – Canola oil
2 pounds – ground beef (option: you could use ground chicken or turkey)
1 large onion – peeled and chopped
3 to 4 cloves garlic – peeled and sliced
1 bunch – fresh parsley chopped (option: you can add 1-teaspoon of dry Italian Seasoning)
1 – 24 oz spaghetti sauce (I used Herb Garlic Psst Sauce from Kroger)
2 tablespoon – Worcestershire sauce
4 tablespoons – ketchup
1 tablespoon – sugar
1/4 cup – water
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking Direction ( step by step):
- Boil pasta, drain and cool under cold tap water and set aside
- Add oil in a large pot.
- Add ground beef and start browning it for about 10 minutes on medium heat
- Keep stirring so the meat does not clump up, you want it crumbly
- Add chopped onion and garlic slices to the cooking ground beef
- Add chopped parsley, and stir to mix
- Drain fat (if there’s any) by dumping everything from the pot into a colander.
- Put drained mixture from the colander back into the pot
- Add spaghetti sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, sugar, water, salt and pepper
- Stir to mix well
- Cook on medium-high heat until the mixture starts to boil.
- Cut heat down to medium-low, and cover the pot
- Cook for 20 minutes or until the sauce is to the consistency you like. I like mine thick. (Proof is in the photos:)). Serve over cooked spaghetti.
Nutritional Information (approximate)
Calories 200; Total Fat 1 g; Saturated Fat 0 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 0 mg; Carbohydrate 42 g; Fiber 2 g; Sugar 2 g; Protein 7 g
Ground beef sauce:
Calories 334.67; Total Fat 15.96 g; Saturated Fat 6.07 g; Cholesterol 97.5 mg; Sodium 750 mg; Carbohydrate 14.43 g; Fiber 3 g; Sugar 9.76 g; Protein 31.94 g
…thanks for visiting my blog…until next time.